Chiropractor for Motor Vehicle Accidents & Car Wrecks
Car wrecks, motorcycle accidents, ATV accidents, and even watercraft wrecks can cause serious damage to the spine and soft tissue of the body. It doesn’t matter how fast the motor vehicle is traveling when you are involved in an accident it can become problematic. Car wrecks at less than 10 MPH have been shown to cause damage to the neck, back, spine, and soft tissue that surround the area. Whiplash is a common occurrence in all motor vehicle accidents. In whiplash, the head typically moves up then very quickly moves back and forth. This motion causes severe strain and most often times damage to the structures in and around the spine such as:
- LIGAMENTS (hold bones to bones)
- TENDONS (tie muscles to other muscles)
- FACET JOINTS (specific joints in the spine that allow motion and house motion sensors for the body)
- DISCS (shock absorbers for the spine)
- MUSCLES (move bones)
- ARTERIES (carry oxygen-rich blood to organs)
- VIENS (carries blood to the heart)
- NERVES (carry information to and from the brain)
- SPINAL CORD (main information center carrying all information to and from the brain)
- BRAIN STEM (more brain than spinal cord important structures that control breathing, temperature, heart rate, limb function, facial function, and several other key components of life are found here)
Why You Should See a Specialist
As you can see damage to any of these structures can prove very damaging not just today but in the future. It is important that you are seen by someone who can offer the proper therapy for the neurologic and muscular damage that does result from car wrecks and other motor vehicle accidents. There are very important problems that need to be looked for very carefully such as Slipped and herniated discs, concussions, ligament tendon and muscle tears, nerve compression, inflammation, referral pain, radiating pain, cranial nerve entrapment, motor weakness, gait testing and the list goes on.
Very often in car wrecks and other motor vehicle accidents, pain is not perceived until 10 days to 2 weeks. It is very important that the person you choose to work with has been working with these types of patients for a while and has a command of this area of work. Dr. Hansen has been able to work with a large number of patients involved in car accidents ranging from 5 MPH dings to 75 MPH major impacts. Your choice of who you allow doing your rehab is critical. If you have any questions, please call the office at 469-516-2225
Here at Infinity Wellness we are very versed in handling all type of Personal Injury Claims. We know what it takes to deal with the insurance adjusters so that your claim can be handled quickly and justly.