What is Percussive Therapy?
Percussive therapy is a revolutionary treatment option offered to patients at Infinity Wellness. The therapy utilizes a hand-held instrument called a Percussor. The Percussor applies gentle waves of percussive impulses deep into the tissues of the body which promotes an increase in lymphatic flow and circulation.
The Percussor can also be used to decrease muscle spasms, release joints, break up adhesions, and loosen up fixated areas without the use of heavy force. It can work wonders in alleviating chronic pain. The release of fascia can also trigger the release of emotions in a patient. Our truly holistic approach in treating a patient involves body structure, biochemistry and emotions.
We take the additional time to really work with patients for effective results.
What are the Benefits of Percussive Massage?
- Relaxing of thickened connective tissue and fascia.
- Breaking down of adhesions and internal scar tissue, present after injuries or surgery.
- Increased venous and lymphatic circulation.
- Elongating muscle fiber, especially when spasms, stiffness and restrictions are present.
- Increase range of movement by relieving stiff joints.
- Treatment of Myofascial pain
Common Injuries treated with percussor
- Muscle Soreness
- Shin Splints
- Herniated or Bulging Discs